Being angry at God!
Do you always get angry at God for your problems? How right or wrong is that?
We should never be angry at God especially for our own foolishness, mistakes, and sins. We say things like, “God why didn’t you stop me from making that decision? Why did you put that person in my life who caused me to sin? Why did you put me in a world with so much sin? Why didn’t you protect me?
When Job was going through severe trials and tribulations did He blame God? No! We have to learn to be more like Job. The more we lose and suffer in this life the more we should worship God and say, “blessed be the name of the Lord.”
When we stop trusting God we will start to harbor bitterness in our hearts towards Him and question His goodness. Never give up on God because He has never given up on you.
What does the Bible say about being angry at God?
1. Proverbs 19:3 – People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD.
2. Romans 9:20 – Who do you think you are to talk back to God like that? Can an object that was made say to its maker, “Why did you make me like this?”
3. Galatians 6:5 – Assume your own responsibility.
4. Proverbs 11:3 – The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
5. Ecclesiastes 5:2 – Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.